Personal Data Protection Notice
This Notice explains how PHC collects, utilises, process and protects the personal data provided by you as our customers, vendors, suppliers, distributors or service providers.
1.1 Penang Hill Corporation (PHC) places utmost importance on the safety of your personal data. For the purpose of this Personal Data Protection Notice (“Notice”), the terms “Personal data” and “processing” shall have the meaning as ascribed to it under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“Act”).
This Notice explains how PHC collects, utilises, process and protects the personal data provided by you as our customers, vendors, suppliers, distributors or service providers. By continuing to use PHC’s services or continue to provide services to PHC, you hereby give consent to the processing of your personal data by PHC.
2.1 PHC may collect any personal data from you directly or indirectly which includes but not limited to the following:
• Identity Card Number/Passport Number/Any Other Identification Number.
• Date of birth
• Email address
• Company name
• Telephone number and facsimile
• Closed circuit television (CCTV) images
• Payment information such as bank account number and credit/debit card information
• Funicular boarding time
• Other personal data related to the services by PHC, business transaction, surveys, questionnaires or communication with PHC.
• Any other personal data sent by you to PHC from time to time.
3.1 PHC may collect your personal data directly or indirectly from various sources including but not limited to the following:
• The process of purchasing funicular tickets and season passes by customers;
• Job application process at PHC;
• Image recording through closed circuit television (CCTV) cameras installed within the area of PHC’s premises.
• At any events, conferences or seminars organised by PHC;
• From cookies through the use of our website.
• The process of purchasing goods or services through Purchase Order including Integrity Pact declaration by vendor.
4.1 PHC will take reasonable steps to protect the personal data it holds from loss, misuse, modification, unauthorised or accidental access or disclosure, alteration or destruction.
5.1 You are responsible for ensuring that the information provided by you to PHC is accurate, complete, not misleading and up to date.
6.1 Personal data provided to PHC may be disclosed to PHC subsidiaries (if any), PHC related corporations, PHC business partners, PHC service providers (including but not limited to PHC vendors, suppliers, agents and contractors), PHC financial or professional advisors, insurance companies, banks and/or financial institutions, the Royal Malaysia Police, healthcare providers including hospitals, government departments and agencies, regulatory and/or statutory bodies, your immediate family members and/ or persons to be contacted in the event of an emergency as notified to PHC from time to time and any party in connection with legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
7.1 Personal data that are collected will be processed for the following purposes, including but not limited to:
• To verify your identity;
• For the delivery of PHC services either present or future
• To perform contractual obligations with you and for the continuity of those contractual obligations;
• To communicate with you;
• To manage your requests or respond to any queries, complaints, comments or feedback forwarded by you to PHC;
• For internal management related to the services provided to you;
• For the purpose of maintaining records required for security, claims or other legal purposes;
• For the purpose of crime investigation and prevention;
• For the purpose of obtaining legal and/or financial advice, enforcing the rights of PHC and/or for the purpose of initiating legal action pursuant to any agreement or document which you have entered into with PHC;
• For the purpose of operating PHC premises in a safe manner and in accordance with health and safety requirements including but not limited to facilitating contact detection efforts with respect to COVID-19
8.1 You have the right to access and correct your personal data held by PHC (except where compliance with your request to access and correct such personal data is not permitted under the Act or subject to certain exceptions).
8.3 PHC reserves the right to charge you to cover the cost of accessing, reviewing and copying any materials requested.
9.1 PHC will retain your personal data in compliance with this Notice or refer to the terms of your agreement with us or as deemed necessary, except as required by law and/or for the purposes of PHC related policies.
10.1 By providing your personal data, you have consented to such personal data to be used in accordance with this Notice. PHC reserves the right to change this Notice from time to time. If we change this Notice, we will display the latest amendments. You can also send us an email or write to PHC to obtain a copy of the Notice. By continuing to use the PHC’s services or providing us with your services, this indicates that you agree to any such amendments.